Kalamata is connected by air with Athens, Thessaloniki, Moscow, Stockholm, Munich, Amsterdam, Prague, St.Petersburg , Kiev, Vienna, Manchester e.c.t., through scheduled flights and charter fligts.
Kalamata International Airport "Captain Vassilis Constantakopoulos" is located 9km west of Messini, in the highway of Kalamata-Messini. The corridor is approximately 3 km and the terminal is at the southeast of the runaway. The premises of the terminal are 2450 sq.m. The geographical width is 37th 4506.3' northern. The geographical length is 22nd 0131.4' East. It has 2 rooms for arrivals, two rooms for departures and one lounge. The apron can accommodate four aircrafts (one B767, and three A320).
- 1959 - The National Airport Kalamata works for the first time.
- 1986 - charter flights begin to use the airport.
- 1991 - the new terminal building is built.
- 1991 - The airport operates under the leadership of the Civil Aviation.
- City: Kalamata - Name: "Captain Vassilis Constantakopoulos"
- Distance and Direction from city: 8,3Km Northwest of Kalamata
- Reference Point: 370406,3Ν 220131,4Ε
- Altitude: 7,5m
- Runway: Direction - 169/349 | Dimensions - 2660x45
- Aircraft parking positions: 4
- Mailing address: Airport Kalamata, Zip Code 24200, Kalamata
- Cable address AFTN: LGKLYDYX
- Name ΙΑΤΑ: KLX
- Call Center: 27210 63800 - 27213 60805
- fax: 27210 69837
- Airport Manager: 27210 63801
- Airport Authority: 27210 63803